ANNUNCIATION – ACATHIST HYMN
SALVATION and FREEDOM
1. Patristic selections for the Feast and two sermons of most prominent researcher Father MAXIMUS LAVRIOTES analyzing the heresies of contemporary theologians on the subject.
2. Analysis of the medieval icon (fresco, mosaic, portable icon, royal doors, embroidery, Panagia) from the hagiographer and cantor EVANGELOS VARDAVAKIS.
3. THE AKATHIST HYMN and the revelation of the unknown poet by the Liturgiologist EMMANUEL THEODORAKIS. Also published the original Kontakion for the Feast by ROMANOS MELODOS.
4. ANGELUS PRIMI STATUS, MODE plagal 4, from the chanting manuscript PSALTIKON (11th c.) transcribed by the musicologist IOANNIS ARVANITIS.
5. Musicological analysis of the hymns transcribed into the NEW METHOD (1814) by YORGOS BILALIS.
EXTOLLING THY BIRTHGIVING
1. Rare depictions of the FEAST starting from the catacombs 3th c.
2. ALL hymns of the FEAST from manuscript Sticherarium EBE 884, Grottaferrata Heirmologion Eγ II , Vatopediou 1493 and Ashburnhamensis 64 in MIDDLE BYZANTINE NOTATION as well as the transcriptions of Hourmouzios Hartofylax from his own manuscripts.
ANGELUS PRIMI STATUS, MODUS Plagal 4
ALL the HYMNS of the FEAST (Forefeast until Leavetake) and the ACATHIST HYMN (prooimion and OIKOS 1) of the manuscript PSALTIKON (11 c.) transcribed in the NEW METHOD (1814).
ALL the HYMNS of the FEAST (Forefeast until Leavetake) and three COMMUNION HYMNS (transcribed by Hourmouzios Hartofylax ΜΠΤ 705) chanted by ROMEIKO ENSEMBLE in 3 CDs.
Domestikos Dr YORGOS BILALIS